This one day or half day workshop provides managers and their staff with the knowledge and confidence to work with disabled colleagues and serve disabled customers.
By the end of this session, delegates will be able to:
- Develop a greater understanding of what Disability Equality means;
- Understand different types of disabilities;
- Challenge the stereotypes that still over shadow disabled people;
- Identify positive and respectful language;
- Develop confidence in interacting with and offering support to disabled people;
- Understand corporate responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010.
Depending on the duration of the course, it will cover some or all of the following areas:
The Equality Act 2010
Responsibilities to disabled people under the act including need for reasonable adjustments (Using case studies to illustrate).
Types of Disability
Understanding different types of disability, causes and effects on individuals. Exploring stereotypes and myths.
Language and Communication
Identifying respectful language when talking about disability and communicating with disabled people. (Using case studies to illustrate).
Offering and providing support to disabled people
How to offer support and the best ways to approach supporting disabled people.
Supporting disabled employees
How to identify disability in the workplace / encourage disclosure
Best practice in supporting disabled colleagues and managing issues
Hate crime and Bullying
Defining and recognizing hate crime and bullying. How to deal with such situations
Contact Flyinglady now to book your workshop.