This informative and interactive one day workshop explores the issues surrounding Disability Equality and provides delegates with an opportunity to challenge stereotypes and discrimination in a safe and fun environment.
By the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Define Disability Equality and explain who it affects;
- Explain the various Models of Disability and how they have influenced stereotypes of disabled people;
- Challenge their own assumptions about disability;
- Identify positive and respectful language;
- Recognise responsibilities under the Equality Act 2010;
- Understand the Business Case for Diversity
- Develop an action plan for positive change in the workplace.
All delegates will receive a Learning Pack and an attendance certificate.
Shorter workshops are available to focus on specific areas of disability if required.
An ideal group is 15-20 delegates but larger groups can be accommodated.
Follow-up telephone and email support is available to help delegates implement learning.
Call 07761 653709 to book your Disability Equality Workshop or email Flyinglady.