This half day workshop raises awareness of Cerebral Palsy (CP), its causes and effects on individuals. The session will help delegates to develop confidence in interacting with people who have CP, offering advice on communication and providing support to those who have Cerebral Palsy.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
- Explain what cerebral palsy is ;
- Describe the causes and types of cerebral palsy;
- Understand the misconceptions about the condition;
- Explain models of disability and the impact on people with CP;
- Effectively support people with CP, whilst maintaining their dignity.
- Have their questions about the condition answered.
The Trainer has Cerebral Palsy and is very happy to answer any questions and share personal experiences to help enhance the learner’s understanding. A more in depth workshop is available if required. All delegates will receive a learning pack and attendance certificate.